Monday, July 11, 2016

Journey to Aachen




  Welcome to Rachel`s blog!
            I hope to share with everyone what I experience and how it will help me with my own riding and teaching.
        My own experience with horses started at a young age. The way my dad explains it is:  the day my parents brought me home from the hospital, he went to open the door to the house for my mom and when he turned around she was out in the pasture holding me up on her horse. Needless to say my passion for horses has only grown from there. I was lucky enough to have a mom who also shares a passion for horses.
     Fast forward a few years and I had the incredible opportunity to train with Lendon Gray. After many tough years of riding green ponies that I brought up the levels, Lendon and Kim Boyer matched me up with my once in a lifetime horse, Embrujado XI. Together we competed in many National and International competitions. I am forever grateful to Lendon and Kim for making all of that possible.
      Currently I am working at Horses Unlimited for Anne Sparks. Here I am really lucky to be allowed to work with such fantastically talented young horses which I am working to develop up the levels.
      Our Journey courtesy of the Dressage Foundation really began Thursday July 7th. The Dressage Foundation put together a conference call for all participants. We talked about the itinerary for the trip and any questions we might have. I believe this was a great way for the four young riders and two chaperones who were chosen to get to know each other a little bit.
      This is a once in a lifetime trip and I am so beyond excited to start this journey to Aachen, Germany on July 11th. Thank you to everyone at the Dressage Foundation for all of your time and effort you have put into making this happen!

Rachel Chowanec

No comments:

Post a Comment